Sunday, March 14, 2010

BOB ♥'s his car


sorry this has taken me a while to get to blogging this week. i've been busy. (or lazy. you decide)

didn't you just love Bob this week? he was awesome and totally put an amazing verse into perspective for us. he was kind enough to send me a copy of what he read us. so without further ado here is Psalms 23 Bob style...



“God is my driver, I won't break down. He fuels me with high-test, He tops off my fluids with high grade synthetics, He rebuilds my motor. He drives me cautiously, switching lanes only after checking His blind spots. Even though I commute through the belt way in rush hour with snow and ice on the roads, I will have traction at all times and fear no lane closure or collision; your precise steering and pedal control keep me safe. You wash and wax me across the street from Chevies and you check my oil and tires pressure; no reservoir runs dry. Surely I will be admired in many car shows every Spring, Fall, and Summer. I will be parked in God's garage always.”

awesome! wonder if anyone else could do something like this? there could be a surprise in your future. pick the favorite thing you talked about at LG and see if you can re-write scripture to make it relevant to you and to now. i'm gonna try it myself.

prayer requests

duncan - grades

hannah e. - dad's work, mom's babysitting job

jared - playing the tennis ball game, preaching in the big church

luke - mom's ankle

brianne - B.O.B contest and praise for band concert going so well

caleb - catch up on sleep

bayley - catch up on school work

matthew - money to give to church

jillian - math grades

garrett- social studies grades

maria - raise $$ for summer camp

kayla - for her mom's cancer to not come back

bob - praise God for living up to the promise He made him and for school and work

i love you all and are praying for you! don't forget to comment here, on FB or just send me an email or text.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hannah wassss hereeeee:)

Eric said...

i loved the verse Bob. I would like for everyone to pray for my grandma who is in the hospital. She got very sick on Thursday and was not expected to live past Friday but she's still fighting on and shes not doing to well. Can't wait for life group and the snacks that go with it.

Caleb said...

That is so kool bob has some real talent.

Anonymous said...

I LOVEED iTTT! :D I can't wait for bob to preach again!

-Kayla

Eric said...

Grandmas doing well. She started eating again and is doing a lot better because of that. Thanks for all the prayers, see yall next life roup.

Post a Comment